Archive for power

Sep
19

Watt Power

Posted by: | Comments Comments Off on Watt Power

Watt Power

Is an amount of electricity that is measured in watts, and is the rate at which energy is absorbed or be produced through a circuit. We know that light bulbs and heaters absorb the energy and the greater its value in watts more power than consumed. Also, batteries and generators of energy production and the greater their power rating that can give more power to the load. The electrical power unit is the watt with its symbol is a large letter "P", indicating the constant DC power or a small letter "P" indicates a time-varying AC power.

Electrical power is related with the energy that is the ability to do the job. It can also be defined as the rate by which energy is transferred. If one joule of work is absorbed or delivered at a constant rate of one second, then the corresponding power is equivalent to one watt for power, P can be defined as 1Joule/sec = 1 watt. Then we can say that one watt equals one joule per second and electrical power can be defined as the rate of doing work or energy transfer.

We can also define the energy in watts or joules per second. So if the power is measured in kilowatts (thousands of watts) and time is measured in hours, the unit of electrical energy is the kilowatt-hours (kWh) and 1 kWh is the amount of electricity used by a device rated for 1000 watts in one hour.

Kilowatt-hour are standard units the energy used by the electricity meter in our homes to calculate the amount of electricity we use and therefore how much to pay. So if you electric lights a fire with a nominal element of 1000 watts and left in 1 hour have been used 1 kWh of electricity. You have changed in two electric stoves, each with 1000 watt elements for a half hour total consumption would be exactly the same amount of electricity – 1 kWh. Therefore, consuming 1000 watts for one hour uses the same amount of energy at 2000 watts (twice) for half an hour (half the time). So a 100 watt bulb for use 1 kWh or unit of electricity, would to be on for a total of 10 hours (10 x 100 = 1000 = 1 kWh).

So now we know that the power unit is the watt to the power drawn by an electric circuit which is given as the product of voltage and current V, which gives:

P (watts) = V (volts) x I (amps)

Moreover, by substituting Ohm's law in the above equation can also be defined as a constant current:

P (watts) = I ^ 2 (amps squared) x R (resistance)

or

Watts P () = V ^ 2 (voltage squared) / R (resistance)

Then there are three possible formulas for calculating the electricity in a circuit. If the power calculated is positive, (+ P), then the circuit or component absorbed power. But if the calculated power is negative (-P) of the circuit or power supply component in other words, is a source of energy.

Power nominal

Electrical components give a "power" in watts to indicate the maximum speed at which the feathers of the components of the electrical energy into another form of energy as heat, light or movement. For example, a 1/4W resistor, a 100 W bulb, etc. So the energy is used by electrical appliances to turn a proxy form to another, for example, an electric motor to power hidden in a mechanical force.

Electric motors and other electrical systems have an efficiency rate is defined as the ratio of working to become the total power consumed by the device. The efficiency is expressed as a decimal fraction, but is generally defined as a percentage value, like 85% efficient. Thus we can define efficiency as equal to production power divided by input power x 100%.

The effectiveness of an electrical device or engine provided less than one (100%) due to losses electrical and mechanical. If an electrical device has an efficiency rating of 85%, then only 85% of the input power is converted into mechanical work, the other 15% is lost in heat or other losses.

Appliances such as washing machines, dryers, refrigerators and freezers also have energy efficiency ratings that indicate its power consumption and cost. These ratings are given as "A" for the efficient and "G" for the less efficient.

So Remember, the more energy efficient is the device, which consumes less energy and more money will be saved in addition to being useful for the environment.

Learn more about electrical power and energy and lots of other good basic electronics tutorials at http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws.

PC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 860-Watt Power Supply

[affmage source=”ebay” results=”8″]Watt Power[/affmage]
[affmage source=”amazon” results=”6″]Watt Power[/affmage]
[affmage source=”clickbank” results=”4″]Watt Power[/affmage]

Categories : Saltwater Aquariums
Comments Comments Off on Watt Power